Both on and off property, we have lots of great activities to choose from and the North Branch team can help you craft the perfect itinerary for your weekend away.
On property - with 7 acres of rolling fields, sunken pools & gardens, there is plenty to do right on property to slow down and disconnect.
- Spend some time losing your way amongst our gardens - we have flower gardens, herb gardens and a 100 year old pool that has been transformed into a blue and white sunken garden.
- Sit by one of the streams on property and dip your toes in.
- Join our Director of Gardens on Summer Fridays from 6-9pm for a garden tour over cocktails in our outdoor pavilion.
- Try your hand at bowling on our two-lane handset wooden bowling alley dating back to the early 1900s.
- Sun yourself – and dose off - in the meadows (grab a blanket on a sunny winter day!). Or curl up with a book in our Library by the fire.
- Make yourself at home in any of our cozy common spaces and lose yourself in a good book. Freshly baked cookies included.
- Wind down the day with some good old fashion s'mores and a bonfire after dinner.
A Short Drive Away - just minutes away are farms, breweries, river towns and our sibling properties offering music, events and more.
- Visit some of the charming surrounding towns with their antique stores and farmers markets. Go the long way and enjoy a drive through winding country roads, streams and the rivers that abound.
- Visit the Spa at The Arnold for some well-deserved pampering.
- Go on a brewery and distillery tour. There are 4 of them within 10-15 minutes of the Inn.
- Go on a farm tour – nearby are full working farms as well as the popular alpaca farms where you can stock up on visits with baby animals, produce and warm winter socks.
- Hike to the top of a mountain and then climb the fire tower to get above the tree line and see forever.
- Take a horseback riding lesson or enjoy a scenic trail ride.
- Bring a picnic with you and jump in a nearby lake or river for a dip on a hot summer day. Or just roll up your pants and cool your feet.
- On a Summer Friday evening, head to the Barn at The Arnold for some great live bands and a roaring bonfire.
- Hire a guide to learn how to fly fish. Spend the day on the river.
- Play 18 holes of golf on top of the mountain.